In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pregnant!!

The wonderful news is finally public....yes, we're expecting!!! Amazing that after 13 weeks, I still find it hard to believe. I'm hoping once I can feel the little miracle kicking around in there and we can stop referring to our baby as "it," things might seem a little more believable. For now, super surreal. My baby bump is definitely showing now but every time I see it, I feel like I'm just pretending again. Looking in the mirror, pushing it out and trying to imagine what it would be like. Yeah I know, issues. But really, its been TWO AND A HALF YEARS!! 20some negative pregnancy tests later, we finally got our little pink plus sign.

Thursday was the first day of the 2nd trimester and wow, what a difference a week makes! My nausea when away almost like clockwork this week. My bump stop "hiding" in the morning and is now a more regular companion.

I know it seems like I haven't blogged in a while but I actually have been as regularly as my lack of energy will allow. I had been saving them as drafts until the news was public but I've gone back and posted them all for anyone interested in innermost thoughts when your dreams finally start to become reality.

I know that everyone says that after the first trimester, chances of pregnancy loss are extremely low. I am very optimistic and don't expect anything to be wrong with this pregnancy but after a miscarriage, I don't know if you ever truly breathe a sigh of relief...at least I don't know if I will. Please pray for Baby McFarland and good Lord willing, March 22 will be a very happy day in our house.

13 Weeks


Past Prego Posts:
July
I Will Not Be Afraid
Numbers Are Up!
Surreal
Cautious Optimism
First Ultrasound

August
What Do You Want?
9 Weeks and 2 Days

September
12 Weeks
Door's Open
Door's Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment