Every day that passes, I get more and more excited to meet my little miracle. Thursday was 14 weeks and though the baby is still playing hide and seek in my belly everyday, you can see from the picture below that for the most part, I'm definitely showing. I've been feeling a lot better, even getting a little energy back. My appetite has definitely come back and I've even made up for a little lost weight this past week! In general, I don't really have any weird cravings or aversions, though I do get turned on and off certain foods everyday. Its hard to decide much ahead of time what I want to eat because I seem to change my mind very quickly! Despite all of this, it still seems surreal most of the time. I keep holding my breath, hoping to feel a little movement but nothing yet. Some people tell me they've felt it as early as 15 weeks and other say not until 20. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later! A week from tomorrow we might be able to find out if its Little Parker or Mary Elizabeth!! Still no "women's intuition" about it so it will be fun to be positively surprised, no matter what! This week will probably creep by super slow in anticipation but that's ok. At least I'm headed down to the beach Thursday for a little girls' weekend!
I think the nesting mentality is starting to hit, though I have no time at all to do anything! Its funny because up until literally the day before I found out I was pregnant, I had the most flexible part-time schedule and all the free time in the world. Now I'm working two and half jobs, volunteering with elementary students, volunteering as a Hope mentor, juggling doctor appointments, planning 2 bridal showers and an engagement party, getting ready for out-of-town guests, and all while searching desperately for the energy just to get out of bed! Its crazy how busy I've been the past few week and normally, I love being busy! Right now though, I just want to take a week off, clean my house, and sit back and enjoy to quiet cleanliness. Maybe next month. :-)
So how's our sweet little angel doing with mom running around like a chicken with its head cut off?? Well, baby is about the size of a lemon and weighs about 1.5 oz this week. I guess that's why I can't feel any movement yet! He/she is starting to sprout little hairs on its head and can make facial expressions this week, like squinting, frowning, etc. I also read that its starting to learn to suck its thumb this week. How cute is that?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment