In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Door's Closed

God's will prevails...what an amazing feeling to know God's will has prevailed! He officially closed the door for me. This morning, the hiring manager for the new job opportunity called to let me know that they were pursuing another candidate. This is going to sound a little conceited but I was kind of shocked! I have never not gotten a job that I wanted. Usually its the opposite problem, trying to decide between multiple offers. She said that although she felt like I could do most of the job in my sleep, there was something holding them back from offering it to me. She said that it was probably my lack of leadership experience in the church but I don't think that's fully it. Not to say that its not true, its a very valid point. However, I feel confident that God just simply closed the door for me.

There is a very small part of me that is disappointed but I think about all the other times in my life where my timing and God's timing has not lined up. In the end, His timing is always perfect, not mine. I have no doubt that this situation is the same thing. Right job, wrong time. The best part about the whole thing is that I feel truly peaceful and validated in my decision to stay-at-home with my child. It is an amazing feeling to know that in the moment, for today, you are following God's will. It is a peace that truly surpasses all understanding.

God, thank you for wisdom, guidance and discernment. Thank you for allowing me to keep the door open until you closed it, to feel the peace of YOU saying no to me instead of me saying no to You. Please help my life follow Your will in everything I do. In Christ's redeeming name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment