In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Thursday, May 13, 2010

White Fish with Shrimp in Garlic-Butter Sauce

This is how I cooked the fish that I caught today on my big deep sea fishing trip! Its a vermillion but any flaky white fish will do, like snapper or tilapia.

Nic's Vermillion (Called that because I caught it AND cooked it!)

2 filets of flaky, white fish
About 8-10 medium sized shrimp, peeled (except for tails) and deveined
3 Tbls butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, sliced
Splash of dry white wine
EVOO
Salt and Pepper
Garlic powder
2 small lemons

Season filets with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In one skillet, heat over medium-high heat enough EVOO to cover bottom. This one is for the fish. Meanwhile, in a second skillet, melt butter and saute garlic and green onions over medium heat. When those are soft, add shrimp. Squeeze juice of one lemon onto shrimp. Add splash dry white wine. Season with salt and pepper and cook through, taking care not to over cook. While shrimp are cooking, add seasoned filets to other skillet with EVOO. Cook halfway, about 3-4 minutes, and flip. At the end, squeeze juice from half a lemon over filets and place on serving plates. Top with cooked shrimp and juices. With the last half lemon, garnish plates with lemon slices and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment