Today was another beautiful day at the beach. Almost the whole day was spent in the sand, soaking up the sun. Ended up with a little sunburn but there are worse things in life than a little sunburn. This morning, Parker, Hershey and I went for a nice long walk on the beach after breakfast. The weather was perfectly warm and the water was beautifully emerald. As we walked together, talking about nothing and watching Hershey sniff every seashell on the beach, I was reminded of something my pastor said in his sermon this past Sunday. He was talking about kids and keeping the marriage a priority, especially after kids come. He quoted someone else in saying, "Children are a wonderful addition but you were a family before they arrived." As I walked hand-in-hand with my hubby and best friend, watching our sweet little furry child, I realized that we are a family. Having children or not does not distinguish us as a family.
Being a family distinguishes us as such. Of course, as I watched the adorable little kids next door playing in the sand, running from the waves, and collecting seashells, I wanted a child more than anything. However, I was reminded that I already am a family and an amazingly blessed family at that.
Tonight as I looked out over the bay, I saw the beauty of God's incredible creation and though pictures don't do it justice, I hope you enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment