Today was our last day at the beach. Normally at this point, I'm ready to go home. The call of the familiar, scheduled routine is usually so loud by the end of the vacation that I'm happy to pack up and head back to reality. However, this time is different somehow. Parker and I had a great week together with perfect weather, great conversation, good food and lots of fun times. When you spend 24 hours a day, every day for a week with your honey and enjoy every second of it, its hard to go back to working 8-10 hours a day and only seeing each other for a few hours before bed. But I guess that's life, pre-retirement anyways. It makes me think of so many couples that call it quits in the parenting years before realizing the final dream of just being together again. This week we've played tennis, done back flips together in the sand, ate great seafood, went deep sea fishing, watched movies, had cocktails under the stars, went for long walks on the beach, talked about the future and just really soaked up our time together. What a blessing. Whenever I think about all the things we've been able to do over the past few years, being just the two of us, I realize that the whole infertility thing really can serve God's purpose. After all, the best thing you can give your kids is a healthy marriage between mom and dad and the best way to achieve that is good ole quality time.
I was also able to read a few books while I've been here, another one of my favorite parts of vacation. I would highly recommend Lifetime Guarantee by Bill Gillham, Names My Sisters Call Me by Megan Crane and The Red Tent by Anita Diamont. The things I've learned from each of these, especially Lifetime Guarantee, are posts for a different day.
Back to reality tomorrow...at least my reality is an amazing blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment