In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Monday, May 10, 2010

Beach Vacation: Day 1

Last night, Parker and I arrived at my in-laws beach house in Gulf Shores, Alabama for some MUCH needed rest, relaxation, and alone time. We got in pretty late last night so it was already dark out. We unpacked and got settled, which is really one of my favorite parts of vacation. Ok, I know it sounds stupid but hear me out. If I'm staying more than 3 or 4 days, I'll unpack my suitcase and use the dressers and drawers because I want to feel at home. So we did and now I officially live here for the next week. After we got settled in, we stayed up drinking beer and talking under a million stars on the back porch. Its so clear out here and so secluded that the longer you stay out there, the more stars you see. We almost always see at least one shooting star, which you just can't find in the city. It was so nice to just catch up and hang out after a few busy weeks for both of us.

We slept in this morning and woke up to the sunlight peeking in the windows and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. Today was spent laying on the beach, enjoying the beautiful weather. As I lay on my towel in the sand, feeling the sun warm my skin and hearing the gulf's loud waves in the background, I thought about how truly happy I was in that moment. No cares in the world, just spending time with my hubby and my dog at one of my favorite places. It seems like my truly happy moments have been few and far between lately so I really wanted to just relish in it today. Between my hormones being out of whack, causing me to resemble a crazy woman more than my usual pleasant self and just the regular stresses of life, I really needed a vacation. Not just any vacation, I relaxing, therapeutic vacation like this one. I really don't think you can have a bad day at the beach. There's something about a warm day on the beach that seems to melt trouble away.

No comments:

Post a Comment