In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rasbaby

Today I got my husband back after about 3 weeks of missing him! He had a big trial that lasted all week and required many weeks of preparation. I didn't realize how much I missed him until this morning. We slept in, had some coffee and just hung out, enjoying each other's company. It came to my attention how unusually happy I was and I realized it was our first day together with nothing to do in months. So we talked and I baked cookies. Then we did a little yardwork together since the weather was so beautiful. One of the things I was most happy about was our little memorial garden we planted. We wanted to do something special to remember our little baby that we lost. On the day that I told Collette that I was pregnant over a year ago, I had read that day that the baby was about the size of a raspberry. From then on, Collette called her my little rasbaby. We had the miscarriage just a few weeks later so the name stuck. Remembering that, Parker and I decided to plant some raspberry bushes to remember our little rasbaby. I just don't want her (or him) to ever be forgotten.

Here are a few pictures of our little garden. Nothing fancy but I love it.



I found this cute little garden stone at the Christian bookstore that I thought was perfect. It reminds me of one of the verses we've been praying over. Romans 12:12 says "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment