In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Beach Vacation: Day 3
Today was SOOO fun!! Its funny that Parker has been coming to the beach house for about 10 years now and I've been coming about 5 but there is still so much new and fun stuff to do! This morning we slept in (of course, I mean it is vacation!). After breakfast we went and played tennis for a few hours. I held my own but at the end of the day, he had whooped my butt all over the court! But it was so fun anyways! He's so good at helping me when my errant shots go exactly opposite of where I want them to go but also congratulating me on the good ones. After I was sufficiently winded, we went to Mikee's for lunch, one of our favorite places down here. When we got back home this afternoon, we spent most of it swimming in the gulf. By swimming, I mean my scaredy cat butt was leached onto Parker like a monkey on a tree while he waded through the surf. (I don't like my feet to touch the bottom...I know, what a wimp.) Then we sat in our beach chairs with our feet in the waves talking for a few hours while the sun set in the background. We talked about our life and how blessed we are, how we want to raise our kids, all the fun things we've done so far this week. Then, we booked a deep sea fishing trip for tomorrow...more on that to come! Needless to say, it was an amazingly beautiful day with my hubby. If its true what they say about couples that play together stay together...then we're in pretty good shape! I met our neighbors today with all the adorable kids and we talked about how fun big families are. She has 5 kids, not sure if she's done. :-) I loved it!! At one point, I wondered if maybe 2 kids would be more reasonable but after waiting for this long, I can't imagine turning away any kids that God wants to give us. So tomorrow we depart for a fishing trip at 7:30am. Here's hoping I only get motion sick in the car...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment