In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Warm Pasta Salad w Goat Cheese

I made this last night as a perfect summer accompaniment to grilled steak and lamb kabobs. I hope you enjoy it as much as we we did!

Warm Pasta Salad w Goat Cheese
Serves 2-4 as a side item

3 handfuls orzo pasta
4 oz fresh spinach
Half pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 Tbls pine nuts
3 Tbls goat cheese
1/2 small sweet onion, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
3 Tbls EVOO
Salt and pepper

Cook pasta to al dente in salted water. As my host mother would say, pasta should be cooked in water that tastes like the sea. While that is cooking, toast pine nuts lightly. Separately, saute onions, garlic, tomatoes and spinach in EVOO in large saute pan over medium heat. When spinach is wilted, add cooked pasta and saute another minute. In your serving bowl, put toasted pine nuts with 1 Tbls goat cheese. Goat cheese doesn't really dice so "pinch it" apart. Add warm pasta mixture, top with remaining cheese (also "pinched"), and mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment