In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sbrisolona (Almond cake)

Sbrisolona is an almond cake that my host mother, Patrizia, made the first time I went to Italy. It is sort of like a biscotti in cake form. It works great as a light dessert or with coffee for breakfast.

Sbrisolona

1 1/4 C sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
2 C flour
1 C light corn meal
1 1/2 C finely chopped almonds (I chop whole ones in the food processor)
1 C (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix sugar and lemon zest in food processor. Mix this with all remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Press into a pie dish and bake 40 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment