In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Salad

I love having tasty salads for lunch and dinner in the summer. Everything is so fresh and the possibilities are endless! Here's a light salad with lots of summer fruit.

Summer Salad

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
Italian seasoning

1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1 mango, diced
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts or sliced almonds
About 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 package mixed green salad

1/4 cup champagne vinegar
1/2 cup EVOO
Salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped

Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and italian seasoning. Grill with a little olive oil until cooked through. I use the George Foreman grill, works great. Mix ingredients for champagne vinegar. Toss salad greens in vinaigrette. Top with fruit, nuts, feta, and sliced chicken. Should make 2 meal-size portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment