In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Four months!

On Friday, Mary Elizabeth turned four months old!  Parker can't believe it has alredy been four months.  Thus far, I feel like the pace of life with a new baby hasn't been too fast or too slow.  She has made a lot of progress and changed a lot though in the past month!  We have our well-baby check up next week so I'm not sure how much she weighs or anything but I'm guessing about 15 pounds.  Man is she heavy!  It doesn't seem like that would be too heavy but when you hold for hours on end, it starts to feel like a literal ton.  She is still in 3 month clothing, though I'm sure she won't be for long.  She wears some 6 month clothing but not all of it fits her and she's in number 2 diapers.


She talks and coos constantly and we love it!  She started making sounds like "mama" and "dada" but everything I read says they're just sounds now and it will still be a while before she connects the terms to us.  Her laughs are still kind of few and far between.  A lot of times, she'll try to laugh and just end of coughing instead.  It's really cute.  She does squeal a lot though when she's excited so that is fun to hear.  And she is very LOUD!  We always joke around about her discovering her outside voice.

She rolled over for the first time last week.  She's rolled from tummy to back about 5 or 6 times now.  The first time she did it, you would've thought she'd won a gold medal for it from the ridiculous amount of cheering that ensued. 


She also started using a "lovey," which is pretty much just a very small blanket.  We have two, a white lovey and a pink lovey.  The white one has satin edges so I think she perfers that one, though she likes them both.  She sleeps with them now in her arm, pressed up against her cheek.

(Sleeping with white lovey.)


She loves bathtime and playtime.  Her activity mat with the singing, blinking star is definitely her favorite.  We're still working on the exersaucer and the Bumbo chair.  She has just recently started reaching out and grabbing things so I think we're about to have a lot more fun with those two.

(Not sually how we take a bath but isn't she adorable??  It looks like she's chillin in a hot tub!)


(Activity mat.  Always in leg warmers.)


(In the Bumbo seat, trying to figure out how to play with the toys.)


We are enjoying her so much every single day.  Parker mentions at least once a day that he's ready for Mary Elizabeth to have a little brother or sister.  In due time.  ;-)



 


Her first time in Waumba Land, our church nursery.


I love this face.

Hanging out with her new BFF, Alexandra.

The only thing better than tasty fingers are tasty WET fingers!

Baby boudoir.


No comments:

Post a Comment