In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....
Friday, July 22, 2011
Real Life
The last few days I have (finally) been working on some final editing of my book so that I can get it published. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I wrote a book about finding hope and seeking God through infertility. I have a friend who agreed to help me with the cover design, I finally finished editing today and I have a few people that have agreed to read it. It seems like finally it might actually be published and done with. I can't really believe it, considering I've been working on it for close to 2 years now. As I have gone back through and read it for editing, I vividly remember every emotion I describe relating to infertility and the loss of my first pregnancy. What's funny is that it seems like every time I find a minute to sit down and work on it, Mary Elizabeth starts crying or wakes up from her nap and wants to be held. However, reliving those emotions surrounding the years that I longed for her makes me go to her to comfort her with a new excitement. I can't even get a little annoyed when I finally find a minute to work on my book and she decides it is time to play or snuggle instead. I'm living my dream. I am right smack dab in the middle of where I hoped and prayed that I would be one day. And I have to say, it is unbelievable. The other day, I got pooped on and puked on, it had been so long since my last shower I'm ashamed to even disclose, the house was a mess and the laundry was undone...and yet I was in heaven snuggling with my sweet little girl. I am blessed beyond what I can even comprehend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment