In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Monday, January 4, 2010

Morning Person

I can say with almost certainty that nobody has ever referred to me as a morning person...my whole life. I guess I'm kind of a night owl. I love to stay up late, even if there's nothing going on. Often times I'll stay up well after Parker goes to sleep and I will usually just read or watch a chick flick or something that I don't ever seem to have time for when he's awake. In studying Proverbs 31, verse 15 says "She gets up while it is still night." It may seem ridiculous but that's the most challenging part of the verse for me!! Not to say that I've mastered everything else but I feel confident that I could buy a field and plant a vineyard or make linen sashes to sell before I could regularly get up before the absolute latest minute possible. If I need an hour to get ready, I'm usually rolling out of bed about 45 minutes before I have to leave and hoping to shave 15 minutes off of my morning routine. I don't know if being a "morning person" is something you're born with or if its something that can be attained later in life. I often wonder what I'll be like when I have a newborn crying every 3 hours to eat while all I want to do is sleep. I've never had a baby but I'm pretty sure they don't come with a snooze button. They say the early bird gets the worm and I believe it. If I don't have to work, I'll sleep until 10 or 11 and then wonder why I don't ever have enough time to workout or do the laundry. Is hoping to become a morning person a good New Year's resolution? Or is it along the same lines of my cousin who use to pray every night to become a unicorn? I guess we'll see. Today was day 1 of praying to become a morning person. It only took an espresso delivered to my bed (sweet husband!) and 20 minutes of snoozing to get up. Trust me, that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment