In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, January 9, 2010

His Wife

Yesterday, I started re-reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I read this book when Parker and I were first married but felt prompted to read it again. I love this book and would highly recommend it for any stage of marriage, along with the other books she has written (The Power of a Praying Husband and The Power of a Praying Parent). In the first chapter, Stormie says in beginning a prayer journey for your husband, the first thing to pray for is his wife. I know Parker's wife needs a lot of prayer! At the end of the chapter, Stormie summarizes the Wife of Noble Character in such a wonderful, modern way that I wanted to share.

"When you are praying for yourself-his wife-remember this model of a good wife from the Bible. It says she takes care of home and runs it well. She knows how to buy and sell and make wise investments. She keeps herself healthy and strong and dresses attractively. She works diligently and has skills which are marketable. She is giving and conscientiously prepares for the future. She contributes to her husband's good reputation. She is strong, solid, honorable, and not afraid of growing older. She speaks wisely and kindly. She doesn't sit around doing nothing, but carefully watches what goes on in her home. Her children and her husband praise her. She doesn't rely on charm and beauty but knows that the fear of the Lord is what is most attractive. She supports her husband and still has a fruitful like of her own which speaks loudly for itself (Proverbs 31)."

Sing it sister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment