In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Friday, June 22, 2012

Spain Updates! Friday


It was so amazing to have a leisurely morning at home before heading out to Spain! We had breakfast, played with the baby, and got ready while she napped. This morning I nursed Mary Elizabeth for the last time. I thought I would be sad and emotional about it but I really wasn’t. I feel good about the timing. Ideally, I would’ve liked to have gone a few more months but I really feel good about stopping now. I tried to soak up every second of her before we left, rocking her extra long before her nap and riding in the backseat next to her on the way to the airport. I knew it wouldn’t make it any easier but I just wanted a few more moments to cling to later in the week when I know I would be missing her.
When we got to the airport, I was overcome with emotion as I hugged her goodbye. Its funny because when we left for Cabo last year, she was still asleep. I think that made it a lot easier. I don’t remember crying before leaving then. This time was a little different. I’m not worrying about her safety and sustenance like I did before. This time I’m worried about her feeling abandoned or being sad that we’re gone. I think that’s what got me at the airport.
Once we got out of the car and my mom drove off, I gave myself a few more minutes to be sad and then intentionally set my mind on being fully present for the trip. We met up with the team, checked in, and headed to the gate. I made a few last phone calls and sent a few lasts texts, then boarded the plane!
The plane ride was fairly uneventful. Terrible food, worst movie possibly ever made, impossible sleep conditions. Yet somehow or another, I blinked and we were landing on Madrid Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment