Over the past several years, Parker and I have experienced God’s love and grace in amazing ways as we’ve grown in our relationship with Jesus. We have felt that God is calling us to share this truth to His people, specifically those in Sevilla, Spain. It is estimated that only about 3% of the population of Spain is evangelical Christian. In June, we will embark with 6 other people from Andy Stanley’s North Point Community Church on our first mission trip as a couple to a partner church in Sevilla to build relationships and hopefully show the freedom that comes from a relationship with Jesus our Savior.
While we are in Spain, we will have the opportunity to teach an English camp at a local church to children and adults in the community. We will also be supporting the family that is heading up this church that teaches it is not by works but by God’s amazing grace that we are saved.
The reason I'm putting this up on my blog is first and foremost because I am SO excited about the opportunity to go and share the good news of Jesus with other people! I've been wanting to go on a mission trip for years now but between trying to get pregnant and being pregnant for the majority of our marriage, it was just one more thing we always put off "just in case I get pregnant." Sometimes I feel like I am so far entrenched in my little "Christian bubble" here in Browns Bridge and Forsyth county. I feel like God is calling me to get out and see more of the world from His perspective.
Another reason I'm putting this on my blog is to ask you to partner with us in prayer over this trip. We pray for courage to share what Jesus has done in our lives and in our marriage. We pray for safety and strength as we travel and leave the comforts of home (including our sweet little Mary Elizabeth!) for 10 days. We pray that God would use us as He sees fit to pour out His love onto the people of Sevilla.
We also humbly ask you to consider helping us financially. In our current economy, we understand the financial strain all of us are facing. We need to raise a total of $5800 for both of us to go and do what we feel God is calling us to do. Please pray about and consider investing a small amount that we are sure will reap HUGE eternal rewards.
All donations are tax deductible. To give online, go to www.goglobalx.org. Click on the “Give” link on the top right side of the page. You’ll be asked to fill out your personal information so that you’ll receive a receipt (for tax purposes). Enter the country (Spain), the trip (Spain, Sevilla English Camp), and the person being supported (McFarland).
If you would rather send a check, please make it payable to North Point Ministries and send it to my attention to Browns Bridge Community Church 3860 Browns Bridge Rd Cumming GA 30041. The memo line should read “Sevilla, Spain English Camp.”
If you would like to hear more about our trip, please feel free to message or email me. I would LOVE to chat about it! Also, please let me know if you will be partnering with us in prayer so that we can send out specific prayer requests before we leave. You can also keep up with us while we are on the trip by visiting http://spainupdates.blogspot.com.
Thanks for reading this very long post and thanks for considering partnering with us. This trip would absolutely not be possible without the love and support of our family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment