Dear Mary Elizabeth,
Wow, I cannot believe that you turn a year old tomorrow. Everybody told me that this year would fly by. I was so intentional about soaking up every moment with you that I didn't believe them. I feel like I remember every single one of those moments. Every time you smiled, laughed, cried, fell asleep in my arms, hugged me, kissed me, giggled...everything. Yet here we are, the day before your first birthday. Let me start by telling you how incredibly much I love you. I love you more every single day. You have such a fun personality and you are so sweet (when you want to be!). You are so joyful, such an amazing answer to our prayers. I love learning more about you everyday. Most days, I'm fairly convinced that you love me too. ;-) You love your Dada and your Hershey dog. You love your Nonna, Grammy, Daddy Bob and Papa, even though you only get to see Papa on FaceTime. You love your aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, strangers, everybody! You are so full of love!
I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed the past year. Of course, there have been tough times but looking back, my heart is filled with immense joy. I wish I could bottle up your scent and have it with me forever. I know you won't smell like a baby for much longer and your sweet little breath is sure to change. But when I breathe you in, I can't help but smile. I love the way you look at me, the way you give love by head-butting, the way you blow kisses, and the way you bury your face in chest when you're tired. Now that you're walking, you fall a lot and get little boo-boos almost everyday. It breaks my heart to see you in even the smallest amount of pain but it gives my life purpose when you reach to me to comfort those boo-boos. I hope you always know that I'll be here no matter how big the boo-boo.
As you're becoming more independent, I can tell that you have quite a bit of attitude that you're working with. It can be the source of my greatest frustrations and my greatest joy all at the same time! I love seeing the person that God created you to be poke out.
I want you to know that I still pray for you constantly and will continue to do so as long as there is breath in my lungs. One of my new favorite things to do at the end of the day is sneak into your room while you're sleeping and pray over you. I love watching you sleep peacefully, wondering what you are dreaming about. I thank God everyday for you and the joy that you have brought into our lives. I pray that God would continue to keep you healthy and growing strong. I pray that He would continue to grow in you a joyful heart. I pray all the time that He would reveal Himself to you at an early age and that you would follow His will all the days of your life.
I want you to know that I will always love you, no matter what you do or who you become. You are one of my greatest earthly blessings and I cherish every ounce of you. Happy birthday my sweet angel. I love you more than I can ever express.
Love,
Mamma
No comments:
Post a Comment