In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Monday, May 16, 2011

Potato Chicken Bake

I don't really know what to call this dish. Its sort of a casserole but not really. There is no cream of anything soup, which I think is one of the primary ingredients in most casseroles. This dish came to be as sort of a "clean out the kitchen" dish right before I was leaving town. Since my mom and sister were over for dinner, I wanted to make something gluten-free for them to eat. We think it turned out yummy! Enjoy!

Potato Chicken Bake

2-3 Tbls EVOO, plus 3 Tbls
1 lb red new potatoes, washed and quartered
1 can artichoke hearts, halved or quartered
1 can petite diced tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3 Tbls fresh oregano, chopped
2 Tbls butter
Pinch dry thyme
Salt and pepper
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
About 2oz fat free feta, crumbled
1/4 cup fresh grated parmiggiano reggiano

Preheat oven to 400. Grease a large casserole dish with 2-3 Tbls EVOO. Spread quartered potatoes in a layer in dish. Drain artichokes and add to dish. Pour tomatoes evenly over potatoes. Add garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Cut butter into cubes and dot casserole with it. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat 3 Tbls EVOO in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dry with paper towel and brown chicken on all sides in olive oil. Remove chicken from oil.

Remove potato dish from oven. Stir in cooked chicken and crumbled feta. Sprinkle parmiggiano to cover top and bake another 20 minutes until cheese is melted and potatoes are cooked through. Serve with garlic bread.

(*This dish would also be great with diced kalamata olives. I didn't add them because my hubby doesn't like them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment