In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Monday, May 16, 2011

Espresso Frosting

The other day, my mom came over to celebrate her 50th birthday with us. She has been gluten-free for a few months now, which has been a fun challenge for me to come up with things to cook that she can eat. For her birthday cake, I used a GF chocolate cake mix that I bought at the store. It was actually really delicious! It was a Pamela's Product and you wouldn't even miss the gluten! Since I used a mix, I really wanted to make frosting from scratch. I couldn't decide what kind to make to go with chocolate cake and then I remembered how much my mom loved espresso. This is a delicious, sweet frosting with the subtle flavor of rich Italian espresso!

Espresso Frosting

1 stick salted real butter, softened
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 cup brewed espresso at room temperature

Whip together the butter and marshmallow fluff. Add powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with the espresso until the desired flavor and consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment