In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

7 Weeks

Its hard to believe my sweet little girl is 7 weeks! Yesterday I made a photo book of my pregnancy on Shutterfly. As I was adding photos, I also added reflections from my blog. It felt like I was right back there in all the emotions of being pregnant. The nervous, anxious excitement. The impatience and anticipation. Then I looked down at the sleeping 7 week old angel in my arms and couldn't believe how quickly it seems we've gotten here. The last 7 weeks of pregnancy sure didn't go this fast! In fact, I don't know that any 7 weeks in my life have gone by this fast! But its not a bad thing. I love watching her learn and grow more everyday. In the past week or two, she's started to enjoy playtime. We have a few different activity mats and she loves to lay there, kicking her little legs and watching the lights and toys while listening to the music. This morning she was content for about half an hour just watching the lights flash along with the music! She has gotten very interactive lately, smiling and cooing a lot. It melts my heart when she smiles at me. She knows her daddy and her nonna (my mom) and smiles at both of them regularly.

Speaking of nonna, my mom has started coming over once a week for a "nonna day." She spends the whole day with Mary Elizabeth while I run errands or just do things around the house that are otherwise difficult with the munchkin. Its been super helpful to me and the two of them love their time together.

We had a few nights in a row of 6 hours stretches of sleep, followed by one night with an 8 hour stretch! Unfortunately, it seems to have been a fluke, as the last 2 nights she hasn't wanted to sleep in her bed. Its a good thing I enjoy rocking her because I have spent many of the past 48 hours doing just that!

She went through a growth spurt last week and is so big now!! At her 6 week check-up, she weighed 10lb 3oz and was 23 inches long. She is definitely not missing any meals! She has pretty much grown out of all her newborn clothes, including her adorable Mary Elizabeth onsie. It was kind of sad to fold her laundry, knowing that all the clothes she's worn while we've gotten to know her won't ever be worn by her again. I know, its probably silly to get sentimental about clothes. But it just symbolizes how quickly the newborn stage comes and goes. I feel like if I blink I will miss something.

6 Weeks Old


Snuggled up on mom's chest...best place in the world.


I love how content and snuggly she looks in this picture!


7 Weeks Old


With her Daddy Bob


With her Grammy


Monogramed bloomers. Classic.


This morning, playing on her activity mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment