In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reinvented Twice Baked Potatoes

Lately I have enjoyed taking recipes I know and have grown up with and changing them into my own creation. Last night was steak night at the McFarland's and I wanted to try something new. It turned out pretty tasty, I hope you enjoy! Measurements aren't exact but pretty close estimations.

Reinvented Twice Baked Potatoes
Serves 6-8 people

7 potatoes
4-5 oz goat cheese
1/4 C parmiggiano reggiano + 2-3 Tbls
6 slices prosciutto
2 Tbls butter, softened
2 Tbls EVOO
About 1/2 C milk
1 egg
2 Tbls chives
Garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Wash and prick potatoes and bake until done, about an hour. Meanwhile, place prosciutto in freezer about 30 minutes to make it easier to cut. When frozen, dice into small pieces. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced prosciutto and cook until crisp. Set aside.

When potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven and cool slightly. (The potatoes I used last night had thin skin so instead of baking them again in the skin, I peeled them and baked them in a casserole dish. You can do whichever you prefer.) Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add butter, EVOO and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Whip with an electric mixer. Add goat cheese and 1/4 cup parmiggiano. Continue whipping until creamy and cheese is fully incorporated. Taste and season with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. When potatoes have cooled almost completely, beat egg in a separate bowl and stir into potatoes. Using a spoon, fold in chives and crispy prosciutto.

Using a casserole dish, butter the dish or spray with non-stick spray. Spread potato mixture into dish. Top with remaining 2-3 Tbls parmiggiano and fresh ground black pepper. Bake in 350 degree oven about 20-30 minutes, until top is slightly brown and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment