In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday

For this week, I decided to put all the things I'm thankful for in regards to my pregnancy. I could probably get detailed enough to come up with 1000 things here alone but here's what I've come up with off the top of my head.

51. Healthy baby!!
52. Didn't have to have a c-section
53. Having Parker, my mom, sister, and Beth with me at delivery
54. I had a "normal," uneventful pregnancy
55. I felt good about my body and my weight gain the whole time
56. Mary Elizabeth got the hiccups almost daily towards the end...loved that
57. Feeling her move every day
58. The anticipation of meeting her
59. Watching Parker's excitement grow everyday
60. Preparing the nursery
61. Blessed by the Laurdisens with maternity clothes, baby clothes, toys, car seat, gear, etc that saved us a tremendous amount of money
62. Having the same due date as Amanda Bishop...so fun going through that with a friend
63. Finding out that Sandra is expecting as well!
64. Blessed to have had Beth and Kelly go through it before me and give me guidance and wisdom
65. Dr. Garry Siegel and his staff
66. Northside Hospital-Forsyth...so close to home!
67. Collette giving me pedicures when I could no longer reach my feet
68. Parker giving me back rubs whenever I asked
69. Parker helping out with chores and cooking, especially towards the end
70. All the prayers we had before and during the pregnancy for Mary Elizabeth
71. The endometriosis surgery that helped paved the way for God's blessing
72. Only working part-time gave me opportunity to rest and feel well during my pregnancy
73. Prenatal yoga with Rebecca
74. Daily "Pregnancy Journal" book allowed Parker and I to read everyday what was happening with Mary Elizabeth
75. Baby shower with coworkers thrown by Holly
76. Baby shower with family thrown by Beth
77. Baby shower with friends thrown by Kelly, Sandra and Lisa
78. Ways that God provided financially for baby gear (crib and changing table on sale, practically brand new pump for super cheap, second car seat on sale, stroller from consignment sale, bassinet from Preston and Beth, cheap vinyl lettering for nursey)
79. Kris Lauridsen painting our nursery as a baby gift
80. Alecia Warneke came over and cleaned my house once during the first trimester when I was so sick and tired all the time
81. Collette spent the first trimester in bed with me watching TV because I was too sick and tired to do anything and she had a broken hand
82. Krista surprised me by flying out for my baby shower and spending the weekend. I was so glad she got to see me pregnant
83. Debbie and her girls drove all the way down from Minnesota to attend my baby shower
84. I got to tell my dad in person that he was going to be a grandpa
85. My mom got to be close by throughout my entire pregnancy
86. Parker and I were both able to buy new cars that will accommodate our growing family...best part, no car payments!
87. I got a raise at the end of my pregnancy, allowing us to afford my non-paid maternity leave a little easier
88. We bought a heartbeat monitor on Amazon for $25 so we could hear Mary Elizabeth's heart whenever we wanted (which was quite often!)
89. I got to tell my brother in person that I was pregnant, even though he lives in Chicago
90. My granny's excitement about her great-granddaughter is so endearing
91. My feet didn't get bigger!
92. My L&D nurses Kendra and Anna
93. She didn't weigh over 9 lbs! 7lb 4 oz is a great size!
94. Hearing her first cry after delivery
95. Watching Parker with tears in his eyes when he saw his daughter for the first time
96. Epidural!
97. Friends visiting and bringing food to the hospital
98. Hospital staff that took care of me and Mary Elizabeth
99. Parker's loving support during labor, delivery and recovery
100. Parker rocking her to sleep in the hospital when I couldn't console her
101. Parker helping out with nursing as much as possible by meeting with the lactation consultant with us
102. The lactation consultants at Northside! Couldn't do it without them
103. The nursery staff that took her at the hospital so that we could rest
104. My doctor and the pediatrician allowing us to go home early

No comments:

Post a Comment