In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Thursday, March 24, 2011

1000 Things I'm Thankful For

My sister Collette was challenged the other day to start a list of 1000 things that she is thankful for. I told her that it didn't seem too difficult but I guess 1000 things is a lot. She challenged me to try to do it as well. I was going to do it in a notebook but my blog has really served as a journal/notebook for the past year or so. I could write it down but I'm sure I'd lose it at some point so I like the idea of putting it here. I'm sure it will be in many different entries, as I'm positive I can't think of 1000 in one sitting. My friend Erin does a "Thankful Thursday" post on her blog so maybe I'll try to do that and just keep my list going through the weeks. So here we go, in no particular order after number 5. You have to start somewhere!

1. Salvation through my Lord Jesus Christ
2. Grace of God
3. Mercy from God
4. Parker
5. Mary Elizabeth
6. My mom
7. My dad
8. Christopher, the best brother in the world
9. Collette
10. Krista
11. My granny
12. Kelly Lauridsen
13. Sandra Ghizoni
14. Lisa Lohrey
15. Beth McFarland
16. North Point Ministries
17. My upbringing
18. My education
19. My home
20. My job at Browns Bridge
21. Becky McFarland, my sweet mother-in-law
22. Bob McFarland, my father-in-law
23. Kara McFarland
24. Preston McFarland
25. Bryan McFarland
26. Katherine Grace McFarland
27. Preston Bailey McFarland
28. God's story of redemption through my infertility triumph
29. Healthy pregnancy
30. Working part-time for the past 2 years, allowing me to focus more energy on my home, my husband and my friends and family
31. The Word of God
32. That my mom lives so close
33. That Collette lives so close
34. That Krista and Christopher have both found wonderful people to share their lives with
35. That my husband owns his own business, giving us flexibility and stability
36. That I gained a big sister through marriage who gives great advice and guidance (Beth)
37. Alecia Warneke
38. Elaine Scott
39. My team at work (Al Causey, Holly Crawshaw and Clint Nowery)
40. One week of maternity leave BEFORE baby gets here
41. My love of and ability to cook
42. Proverbs 31
43. My sweet dog Hershey
44. My big extended family
45. My time in Italy
46. My rusty fluency in Italian
47. My love of reading
48. Our beach house in Gulf Shores
49. That I get to live in the state in the U.S.
50. Freedom

50 is not a bad start...I have a long way to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment