In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daddy's Girl

Over the last few months, I've noticed a definite change in my husband. At first, I wasn't really sure what it was so I tried paying close attention. It was subtle. He was being a little sweeter. A little more compassionate towards me. I also noticed him being more attentive and protective towards me. I was trying to understand it all when someone said to him the other day, "You're going to be such a good girl's daddy." I realized that that was it. His daughter is already changing him. My husband has always been very sweet and loving and I've never had any reason to complain. I really never even thought he needed to be sweeter or more compassionate. But God is changing his heart towards his daughter and it is the sweetest thing to witness. He loves to feel her move and hiccup in my belly. He loves it when she reacts to his voice or his touch, which she does all the time! He's even started to appreciate all the adorable little outfits we have for her! Its so funny to see even before she's here what a special bond there is between a little girl and her daddy. Everyday he is more excited for her arrival. He goes out of his way to make sure that I'm comfortable and not overdoing it. My husband, who has no patience for "handy man stuff," lovingly put together her crib and helped me paint her dressers. The love that he has for her already makes me love him more than ever. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who loves his daughter so much already. I can't wait to see his face when he meets her for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment