In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, October 23, 2010

French Toast

I guess if I've craved anything during pregnancy, it would be French toast. I could probably eat it everyday with a cup of coffee and never get sick of it! Of course, I have to jazz it up a little. Here's my version. Just a little subtle flavor kick makes all the difference!

French Toast

2 eggs, lightly fork beaten
About 1/2 cup milk
1/2 ts vanilla extract
1/2 ts almond extract
1/4 ts cinnamon
6 slices good bread (I like Italian sandwich bread but get creative! The loaf of bread from Longhorn makes excellent French toast.)

Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. In a wide shallow bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extract, and cinnamon. Dip bread in mixture to coat on both sides. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Serve with butter and warm syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment