Friday night, Parker and I were driving home from my mom's wedding and as I was driving, he was rubbing my belly and talking about Mary Elizabeth. He told me that he had an idea for her wedding. Yes, my husband has been thinking about the WEDDING of our unborn daughter! So of course, I was very interested to hear what he had to say. He said that he thought we should sit down with her when she is about 12 and have a discussion about Biblical purity. He said he would be involved as much as I thought was appropriate and necessary but he wanted us to really emphasize the importance of remaining pure until marriage. Then, if she remained pure, we would give her the wedding of her dreams, whatever she wanted. I could not believe my ears. This is the man that said, upon hearing that we were having a girl, we needed to refinance the house and buy a shotgun. The man who claims to know nothing about "chicks" and swore up and down we'd only have boys. I almost started crying. To hear him already thinking about our daughter's future, how to raise her Biblically, and how to be a good father. Could I ask for anything more? Its amazing how from the day we found out we are having a little girl, he has become so much more emotionally attached to our baby and this pregnancy. He kisses my belly all the time now and talks to her, calling her by name. He was always excited about being a father but over the last few days, I've seen him begin to develop into a daddy. What a sweet husband I have.

(Photo taken by the amazingly talented Megan Welsh)
No comments:
Post a Comment