In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

MONTHS ago, I started listing things I am thankful for, working towards 1000 at the recommendation of my sister Collette.  I haven't forgotten, I've just been a little busy enjoying every moment with my sweet Mary Elizabeth.  So here are a few more, specifically to her...

136.  God answered our prayer for a joyful child.
137.  God answered our prayer for a healthy child.
138.  I am thankful for every smile and every single giggle.
139.  I love nursing...and so does she!  It is such a sweet and special time.
140.  I love the way her face lights up when she sees her daddy.
141.  I love that she has discovered her feet and likes to put them in her mouth.  So cute.
142.  I am so thankful that she is such a good sleeper!
143.  I love that even though I am SO not a morning person, I can't wait for 8:15am when I hear her sweet voice on the monitor and Parker brings her in to me.
144.  Her and Hershey are becoming very good friends.  I love it when he shakes his head and makes her laugh.
145.  I am beyond thankful for the bond her and my mom have.  she loves her nonna so much and looks forward to spending the day with her!
146.  I love when she talks to herself in the mirror.  She even changes her voice inflection and facial expressions, like she's having a real conversation.
147.  I am so thankful that she already has sweet girlfriends that come from good families...Kate, Alexandra, the Bishop girls, her cousin Morrigan, the Tucker girls, and so many other at church!
148.  I am so blessed that my husband sees the value in a stay-at-home-mom's work.
149.  Mary Elizabeth has so many loving aunts and uncles, near and far, that spoil her already.
150.  She will be able to grow clsoe with her cousins Grace and Bailey.  There's something so fun about a cousin relationship!
151.  She loves to take showers with me.  I love watching her try to figure out the water coming down over her head.
152.  Saturday morning snuggle time with her and Parker is often the highlight of my week.  I hope one day we'll have a bed full of kids on a Saturday morning!
153.  She is sort of getting away from the pacifier and has replaced it with her middle and ring fingers, wich she sucks on as she falls asleep.  It's the cutest thing ever.
154.  I don't know if it's vain but I love that she looks like my baby pictures.  There's no question about who's daughter she is.
155.  I love it when she follows my voice around the room when other people hold her.
156.  I'm so thankful that as mom, I can comfort her when nobody else can.
157.  I love how she smells.  After a bath, after she eats, when she falls asleep in the car, when she wakes up in the morning.  And her breath.  It always smells sweet, like heaven.
158.  Her skin is so soft, like satin.  I'm thankful that she loves to be touched because I am constantly rubbing her legs, her back, her tummy, her face.
159.  I am so thankful that she's growing big and strong just from mommy's milk.
160.  She loves to be outside.  I'm thankful we can enjoy God's creation together.
161.  I'm thankful that she's such a good baby...hoping her brothers and sisters will be as well!
162.  I'm so grateful for our church, where she's already learning that God made her, God loves her and Jesus wants to be her friend forever.
163.  I'm thankful for my white noise app, my Bible app, my Pandora app, my Baby Hub app and all the other ways my iPhone makes me a better mom.  :-)
164.  I'm so thankful that she goes down so well at night...though her not wanting to be rocked to sleep anymore makes mommy sad!
165.  I love that she loves to be held all day...and that by staying home with her, I'm able to hold her as much as I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment