When we were down in Cabo San Lucas last week, I tried to cook as much as possible since we had a little kitchen in our room and it was a great way to save some money. It is always a challenge cooking in someone else's kitchen, especially one that had practically nothing. It had most of the equipment I needed, such as pots, pans, knives and a cutting board. However, there was no stove. And anything I needed, such as olive oil and spices, I had to buy. I really didn't want to stock up on things like that since we were only there for a week. So I got back to basics, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic were pretty much my only seasonings. This dish started as an appetizer and we liked it so much, I made it 3 times while we were there, once as the meal itself! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Cabo Shrimp
18-20 medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbls EVOO
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1 roma tomato, diced
About 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Juice of 1/2 lime (use the whole lime if not very juicy)
About 3/4 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper
French bread, sliced and toasted
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and begin to saute. When shrimp is about halfway pink, add avocado, tomato and green onion. Stir and let cook about a minute. Add lime juice, then white wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour everything in a bowl to serve. Use the bread to dip in the sauce that it makes. You can also spoon the mixture onto the bread and eat it like a crostini. Serve with the remaining bottle of white wine. :-)
GF/CF-The recipe is casein/dairy-free as is. Serve without bread or substitute gluten-free bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment