I know, I'm a major slacker. It has been quite some time since I posted anything on my sweet little girl. Being a stay-at-home mom is tougher and busier than I ever would have guessed! First of all, I ended up resigning from my job about 3 weeks ago. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make but at the end of the day, there are many people equally as qualified that would be great at my job. However, there is nobody else that can be mom to Mary Elizabeth and wife to Parker. I am really loving being home though and watching her learn and grow everyday!
She will be 3 months on Wednesday and I can't believe how fast it has gone by. If only the last 3 months of my pregnancy had gone by this fast! However, it still just kind of feels like she's always been here. People say that they don't remember what life was like before kids as soon as theirs are born. I definitely remember...but I don't miss it. Today I was thoroughly cleaning out my bathroom as we get ready to put our house on the market (different post for a different day). Under my sink, I found 4 pregnancy tests, progesterone tablets and other hormones and such that we used to try to get pregnant. It brought me back to all the negative tests we took and all the months we tried and were disappointed. And now here we are, parents of a beautiful, healthy little girl! I am constantly reminded of Psalm 113:9, "He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord." Praise the Lord indeed.
Mary Elizabeth is growing by leaps and bounds and showing more personality everyday. At 11 weeks, we had a check-up at the doctor and found out that she was 12lb, 9oz and 24.25 inches long, which put her in the 90th percentile for weight and 95th for height! Big girl! She is constantly smiling and cooing, she's a very happy and very chatty baby. On June 20th, the day after Father's Day, she laughed for the first time. To me, it sounded like it was straight from Heaven, out of the mouth of an angel. I never know such a quick little sound could bring me so much joy. I have made every funny face and noise I know to try to get her to do it again but she hasn't yet. I can't wait until my home is filled with that sound!
She's holding her head up amazingly well for her age. She's always wanting to look around and see what's going on. Because of that, she doesn't always nap that great. She can't seem to stand the thought that she might miss something! Luckily, she sleeps great at night, consistently 9-9.5 hours so we have no complaint.
My mom comes over once a week for "Nonna's day" where they spend the day together. Sometimes I'm here but a lot of times I take advantage and use it to run errands and get things done. They love each other. My mom says she enjoys watching me mother her, which I think is pretty cool. I enjoy watching her "grandmother her."
She loves bathtime and laying on her back while we talk to her. She also loves her activity mat and mirrors. She hates tummy time. She doesn't mind having her diaper changed, unless she's hungry. Then she gets mad that it takes so long. She loves it when I sing to her and a lot of times, she'll try to sing with me. So cute. She has discovered her hands and they are currently her favorite toy and favorite snack.
Here are a few of the adorable pictures we have of her. She's quite photogenic. :-)
One of our favorite outfits in this Georgia summer heat.
2 months old!
Just plain cute
She looks like such a big kid in this picture!
Eating those fingers, helping mom with laundry
I love this face.
Holding her own bottle! So smart!
Future law partner at McFarland & McFarland?? ;-)
Daddy's girl
Trying out a teething ring for the first time. Not as good as fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment