This basic recipe came from Parker's grandmother Katie. She called them brown sugar muffins. I made them and they were very delicious but simple. I decided to jazz them up a little! As I was tasting them, I first decided they needed chocolate. Then I smelled the fresh rosemary growing in my kitchen and decided they might taste pretty good together. Turns out, they do! Enjoy!
Rosemary Chocolate Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 Tbls finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
6oz regular or mini semi-sweet chocolatet chips
Heat oven to 350. Grease bottoms only of muffin pan. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and rosemary. Be sure to break up the brown sugar either with a whisk or your hands. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg. Add butter, milk and vanilla and whisk by hand until mixed. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix by hand until just incorporated, taking care not to overmix. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and edges are slightly brown. Remove from muffin tin immediately and set to cool on a cooling rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment