In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Dip

Apparently, I'm on a dip kick. I never really thought about making dips before because of the whole mayonnaise aversion. But this one is also without mayo and it is delicious. Surprisingly enough, it was actually good hot or cold, thought I prefer it hot. I think it was just the mood I was in. I would not have any problem serving it cold though with some veggies like carrots, cucumber, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower. I think next time though, I'll add some lump crab meat to the hot version and take to a whole new level!

Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Dip

8oz low fat cream cheese (at room temperature)
1/4 C finely chopped sweet onion
1/2 C low fat or fat free sour cream
1 8.5oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1/4 C marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 C grated parmigiano reggiano (plus 1/4 cup for hot dip)
Salt and pepper
Crackers or bread for dipping

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, sour cream, artichoke, tomatoes, garlic, and parmigiano. Stir well to fully incorporate. Season liberally with pepper and add salt to taste. For cold dip, stop here and serve with veggies. Dip can be refrigerated if made ahead of time. For hot dip, pour into a greased oven-proof dish and top with remaining 1/4 C parmigiano. Place in oven under low broil until browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes.

(Try adding lump crab meat, chopped shrimp that is peeled and deveined, or crispy pancetta before baking!)

GF as is. No chance of this guy ever being diary-free. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment