Again, just writing this I feel guilty, like I'm being judged for having any complaint at all about being pregnant. I really don't have complaints though about "being pregnant." I enjoy being pregnant. That being said, its not for the faint of heart. One of the things I thought about yesterday, after having a particularly sensitive and difficult day, was that women aren't as vocal about the hard parts of pregnancy and motherhood as they should be. Generations and generations have gone before us, enduring much more difficult circumstances than we do. But they tell stories as if everything was some sort of Lifetime movie. I think by sugar-coating the process, we end up doing quite a disservice to the younger generations. Luckily, I have wonderful women in my life that have told me about the hellacious first 6 weeks, the sleepless nights, the fact that breastfeeding is one of the hardest things they've ever done in their lives. I just want to go on record to say that pregnancy is difficult. But I know without a doubt that it is 100% worth it, experiencing it has not made me want any fewer children than I did to begin with, and despite all the difficulties that accompany it, I love experiencing the miracle that is pregnancy.
So, I'll go ahead and step off my soap box now. Thanks for allowing me to do that. Other than that, I'm feeling great. I don't sleep well at night but luckily, my schedule allows for the 10-12 hours I need to devote to sleep in order to get 6-8 restful ones. Like probably most women, I do experience days where I feel like a huge fat cow but if I'm being honest and realistic, I'm very pleased and comfortable with my current weight. The nursery is coming along and I absolutely love it. I go in there every day, sometimes to nest and organize her little things but some days just to look at it and imagine all the joy we'll experience in there this year. She moves all the time and when she does, I literally want to stop whatever I'm doing to focus solely on feeling her twist and turn inside my belly. I think every woman that I've ever talked to about pregnancy, even those that hated being pregnant, say that feeling the baby move is the greatest part about being pregnant. I have to agree. I try to imagine all the time what she's going to look like. I'm constantly day-dreaming about labor and delivery and that moment when I first hear her cry and see her face.
Parker is so excited that it makes me smile from ear to ear every time he talks about her. She knows his voice now and starts moving whenever he gets home from work. He loves to feel her move and is always rubbing my belly and talking to her. Hershey gets jealous that dad pets me more than he pets him but I think he's going to be a great big brother. Everyone is so excited to meet her and I love it that she's already so loved by her family! Its funny to feel her move around whenever she hears Gracie and Bailey, like she can't wait to come out and play with her cousins. Its amazing to me how much you can love someone that you've never even met.
26 Weeks
27 Weeks
The third trimester starts concurrent with the New Year. I have waited for this year, the year that I get to become a mommy, for so long. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this year. This is the third New Year's Eve that Parker and I have hoped that this new year would be the one...and here we are. We rang in the new year with Preston, Beth and the cutest twins on the planet. I had so much fun playing with the babies, feeling Mary Elizabeth move every time they made noise, and having girl talk with Beth.
Bailey breaking in uncle Parker
Cutest, sweetest twins ever!
I love this face!
Hershey was so sweet to let the twins climb ALL over him ALL night!
2011...bring it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment