In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not much of a baker. I like baking when the mood strikes but I have a hard time following a recipe and with baking, you sort of have to. However, since I've been pregnant, I have enjoyed the results of baking more than normal. I never had much of a sweet tooth but apparently my little girl does. Last week when I was at Whole Foods, I had a taste for brownies for about the 5th time since I've been pregnant...my dad would be so proud. They have some great "two-bite brownies" so I bought them, had a few and then they sat in my kitchen for a few days. By today, they were a little past their prime. Still very edible, just not as fresh tasting as before. I decided to use them to freshen up an old Italian dessert. Gelato Affogato is a very simple but delicious way to end a meal. You just pour a shot of espresso over vanilla gelato and eat with a spoon, drinking the melty, creamy deliciousness that remains. Here's a fun twist on it.
Gelato Affogato with Brownie
2 pieces of store-bought brownies (or leftover homemade)
2 big scoops vanilla gelato or ice cream
2 shots espresso (caffeinated or decaf, whatever you prefer)
In 2 mugs or dessert cups, place a brownie at the bottom of each. Top each with a scoop of ice cream and pour 1 shot of espresso over each. I use soy-free, dairy-free vanilla-flavored coconut ice cream and its delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment