In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

24 Weeks

Its been a busy few weeks between holidays and vacation so I haven't written in a while. But a lot has happened in the last few weeks! The 22nd week was a fun one in our pregnancy and just in general! On Tuesday night, I was laying in bed and as usual, she was moving like crazy. I told Parker to feel and for the first time, he said, "Whoa, I definitely felt that!" Before that, he had felt her a few times but it was always just little flutters that he second guessed whether or not it was really her. This week though, our little girl got some muscle behind her movements and has been making her presence known! It was so fun for me to see his reaction when he realized that there was no doubt he was feeling his daughter.

22 Weeks


Thursday Nov 18 we went to Miami for my dear friend Sandra's wedding. Everyone treated me and Mary Elizabeth like princesses all weekend long! We weren't allowed to lift anything, do anything or be inconvenienced in any way. I was not allowed to turn down the best, most comfortable seat or to get up to get my own food or drinks. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty nice! And very much appreciated as she has taken a liking to my bladder and sciatica as comfortable resting places. Everyone was so complimentary, which helped tremendously with my confidence in a bathing suit and bridesmaid dress. The one day, I was laying at the beach looking at my belly as it was turning a nice shade of tan and for the first time, I actually SAW her move! It was crazy to see how strong her little kicks and punches have gotten! I'm definitely getting bigger, as you can see from the pictures below!





I love this picture because of the story behind it. I hadn't really seen Parker all day because we were busy doing bridal stuff and getting ready for the wedding. This picture was the first time I'd seen him all day and as soon as he reached around and touched my belly, Mary Elizabeth started moving like crazy! It was like she knew it was her daddy and was excited that he was there. Very cool moment for both of us. :-)


While we were in Miami, our dear, sweet friends Kris and Kelly came over and painted our nursery as a baby gift to us. We got back Monday and walked in to see a beautiful room waiting for Mary Elizabeth! Between seeing the room transformed to a little girl's room and the sweet note they left for us, I was definitely in tears. I was so excited to actually have it painted that I spent all Monday afternoon putting up shelves and decorating as much as I could. We still don't have the crib and changing table but the rest of the room looks ready to welcome a little baby. I'll post before and after pictures as soon as it is all done.

23 Weeks


Thanksgiving weekend was a fun weekend of resting, nesting and eating...a lot! It was nice to have a few days with Parker off work so that we could just hang out.







Yesterday was 24 weeks and she's growing by leaps and bounds. I read that she's gaining about 6oz a week now! I can't believe how big our little girl is getting! Its crazy to think that in just a few short weeks, I'll be in the third trimester! Its still so surreal! As I'm about to enter the last trimester, I can't help but think about labor and delivery. I'm very much looking forward to the experience and more so, just to finally meet her and bring her home. At the same time, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about it! I've been talking a lot to all my mom friends, getting the real scoop on what to expect. The other night, I was looking up baby and pregnancy websites, reading all about what to expect, and I came across a video of a live birth. I thought, even though it would be graphic and probably gross, it would be helpful to know what to expect. Wrong. I really wish I hadn't watched that!! After that, I just kept thinking about how there are only 2 ways to get this little baby out and neither of them seem very fun! But I know that God will be there and I guess if millions of other women can do it, so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment