In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

21 Weeks

So its been 3 weeks since I posted an update on Mary Elizabeth's progress and a lot has happened in that time! Mainly, she has seriously popped out!! There is no denying the fact that there is a sweet little baby growing in my belly, not just a big lunch. Yesterday we hit 21 weeks, which means we're past the halfway point. I can't tell you what an amazing feeling it is to know that we're more than halfway to meeting our daughter. Yesterday after lunch, one of my coworkers asked what its like to be at this stage of my life after all we've been through. I know I've probably said this 100 times but it still, more than anything else, just feels surreal. I know I'm pregnant, I see pictures of my daughter regularly and feel her moving everyday. I definitely feel pregnant physically in terms of expanding belly and sore back but even with all that, I still just can't believe it. I might believe that I'm pregnant but still can't believe I'm actually going to get to be a mommy. I told him that I do still have fears because I've known so many stories of loss but at the same time, I also feel surrendered and at peace.

Enough about me though, let's talk about Mary Elizabeth! She should be almost a pound by now and about a foot in length. I can't believe how big she is already but even more than that, how much bigger she's going to get! I can't imagine how big mamma will be when she's twice as long and 8-7 times as heavy! We had our 20 week ultrasound last Monday and if it was so amazing. We checked her head to toe and everything looked good and normal! It was so fun to feel her moving while seeing what she actually does in there. We also confirmed that she is in fact a sweet little girl, which is good to know. :-) Here are some pictures of her.

Waving hello!


Sweet little profile


Looking at the camera


3D picture, cuddling up in her temporary home


Here's mamma at 20 weeks!


Mary Elizabeth also went to her first Georgia football game last Saturday! She must've been good luck because the Dawgs killed Idaho State! ;-) Walking around campus was interesting and the hill up Baxter just about sent me into early labor. But we had a great time!





This week was also a week of firsts. On Monday night, aunt Collette was able to feel Mary Elizabeth move for the first time. I don't know who was more excited, me or her! Parker has felt her once or twice and I love it that she's moving enough for others to feel her presence. I also had 2 strangers out in public ask me when I was due, which was a first! I guess I'm past that awkward stage where people wonder if I'm pregnant or just chubby. I feel her moving pretty regularly now, usually mid-morning, after lunch, when I get home from work and before bed. Being more than halfway has definitely made me think more about labor and delivery (yikes!) but also how amazing it will be to actually meet her. I know everyone says that it flies by and I'm sure I'll look back and think that as well but for now, I'm ready to meet her! I hope the next few months go fast!

Mamma at 21 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment