In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Again?
I remember as clear as day deciding after Mary Elizabeth was born that I would not do that again. After 12+ hours of labor and an hour and a half of pushing, I decided I could not ever voluntarily subject myself to that much physical pain. I told my doctor and my husband that I literally was not strong enough to ever do it again. I had heard that women forget the difficulties of pregnancy, labor and delivery, which I figured had to be true or else nobody would have more than one child. After enduring the most physically trying and painful experience of my life, I thought there was no way I would ever forget it and want to do it again. That lasted a solid 6 days. It is truly one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced. I haven't forgotten the pain, not even a little. It's like the fentinol they gave me when my contractions began. I still felt the pain, I just didn't care anymore. I still remember the pain (and really still feel remnants of it as I continue to heal). However, for some reason, I just don't care. Maybe it's because I fall more in love with my daughter every day that I would be willing to do it again. Maybe it's because Parker loved the experience so much and is having so much fun with Mary Elizabeth that he already wants to do it again. Whatever it is, it only took 6 days (which in my mind is completely absurd!) for me to concede to the fact that not only will I do it again, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. Even as I write this, I feel like the whole process must've knocked a few screws loose or something because it sounds ridiculous. But I look at this sweet angel and watch how much my husband loves her...how could I not want to do it again? And again??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment