In my late 20s, I finally discovered the answer to the lifelong question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife, a Wife of Noble Character. Thus, my journey begins....

Friday, February 5, 2010

Facebook Wisdom

"Look back and thank God. Look forward and trust God. Look around and serve God. Look within and find God. God closes doors no man can open and opens doors no man can close." Author Unknown

I have been praising God nonstop for the past 48 hours. Sometimes when we realize that we have so much to be thankful for, it is hard to put that into words. Especially when we see God clearly in a difficult situation where we once thought Him absent. Two days ago, an answer to prayer came when I found a health insurance option with everything I need. It may seem like a small victory to some but for us in this season of life, it is a huge victory. Premium we can afford, coverage we need (including maternity with no wait!!), ability to see my doctor, full control over the policy regardless of job status, and I get to stay in my current role at the church. PRAISE GOD!!

I saw the above quote last night while looking at peoples' statuses on Facebook. I guess if you can hear God speak through Facebook, you can hear Him speak through anything! I started thinking about what it meant in my life right now, especially given this incredible good news. Looking back, I have so much to be thankful for that I don't even know where to begin. For now, I'll contain it just to the infertility and tangent issues we've dealt with over the past 2 years. God has given me so much perspective throughout this time. He has shown me how faithful and trustworthy He really is. When you're going through difficult times, people always say that God has a plan and that He is in control. They try to offer reassurance by saying it will all work out according to His will. But do we really believe it? Or what I've found is true of me is that I believe it but I'm scared about what I have to go through to get there. The Bible says that He won't give us more than we can handle but I worry that He will give me the absolute max that I can handle. It is not a situation I ever want to voluntarily be in! But I look back and am so thankful that He is in control. I'm so grateful that He sees the big picture that I can't possibly see.

When you reflect on His past faithfulness, it is easy to look forward and trust God. Knowing that in the past, I would have chosen a different path, not knowing all the circumstances, and would have been in a severely different place than I am now...and not a better place. It might not feel great going through it but its easier to trust that it will all make sense one day.

So how do we truly thank God? We serve Him. All day, everyday, in any way that our talents allow. And in doing so, we see God within ourself.

Maybe God saw my faith dwindling or my take-over reflex about to burst through. Maybe He just wanted to show me that I could trust Him and that He really does have my best interest at heart. Maybe He just wanted to give me a little perspective about this waiting period...again. Whatever the reason, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment