First, my new favorite flour. BJs started carrying it recently and I did a happy dance in the aisle. I will cry and speak with management if they ever stop carrying it.
Now the flour is not as meaningful without this fantastic bread book. I've been using it for over a year now and it truly changed my life. The bread is amazing (as many of my friends and family will attest to) and it's so easy. Seriously, if I can do it with two kids and a job, I'd say anyone can. I use this for dough for sandwich bread, French bread, boule loaves, pizza dough, sweets, homemade (to die for) pita, even homemade Hot Pockets.
(You can get this amazing, life-changing cookbook on Amazon for less than $20 right now! Check it out http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1250018285/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1425740294&sr=8-1&keywords=artisan+bread+in+five+minutes+a+day.)
Speaking of sandwich bread, I recently found one that's shockingly easier than the recipe in my favorite cookbook....because it's not homemade. I found this brand at Sprouts. Whole wheat, non-GMO, organic and it comes sliced! (Homemade doesn't. The expression makes a lot more sense now.) My kids love it with peanut butter, honey, and sliced bananas.
Also found at Sprouts is this amazing tortilla! I would seriously go to Sprouts just for these. I love tortillas but have you ever read the laundry list of garbage most brands have in them?? Gross. These are legit.
We love Cheerios around here. By we I mean Thing 1 and Thing 2. I started buying these and they never even noticed the switch. This brand has honey nut, regular, chocolate, and fruity.
I absolutely love this brand of refrigerated deliciousness. The blueberry scones are my fave, especially with a little melted cheddar.
I buy these crackers and others similar to these. They are gluten-free, mainly because my mom and sis are gluten-free. But I'm telling you, crackers don't need gluten! These are delicious, crunchy, and extra healthy! My kids absolutely love them too.
We're still figuring out brands and products we love. I cook gluten-free a lot for my mom and sis so I am pretty well-versed in that world too. I don't mind gluten-free for everything except bread. It's just really not the same. But a lot of the GF alternatives have ingredients like brown rice and flax, which are a lot healthier than white flour anyways. As I always say, everything in moderation. If you have any recommendations, feel free to share! And let me know if you have questions, I'm happy to try to answer them if I can! Happy eating!








No comments:
Post a Comment